We advise you to read this page carefully and consult the page of the website dedicated to the Terms and Conditions, for a conscious use of Logrise services and products.
Who we are:
Logrise, Lda. is a company which develops solutions specialized in all digital channels, whether in Digital Marketing, Web Development, E-Commerce.
For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Logrise, Lda is the “Data Controller.” This means that Logrise determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which Client’s personal data is processed.
When do we collect personal data?
Therefore, when the Client makes his/her personal data available, the Client authorizes the picking, using and disclosing of the respective data, in accordance with the rules set forth within the applicable terms.
Logrise will collect personal data in the following ways:
- When the Client contacts Logrise through the website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- When the Client uses Logrise products and services;
- When the Client registers for information through the website;
- When an individual applies for a job;
- Via marketing platforms (Facebook and others).
What personal data do we collect?
Personal data is any information, of any nature, regardless of its support, relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (data subject). However, some of Logrise website functionalities and applications may be used without resorting to the use of any personal information from the user. This may include:
- Basic contact information (name, email, phone numbers).
categories of personal data as a matter of contractual necessity so that we can provide the Services to you in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.
How we process personal data?
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity and our legitimate interests or the legitimate interest of others. In some cases, we process Personal Data based on the consent you expressly grant to us at the time we collect such Personal Data. When we process Personal Data based on your consent, it will be expressly indicated to you at the point and time of collection. From time to time, we may also need to process Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation, if it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or other data subjects, or if it is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest.
How do we collect personal data?
Logrise collects general personal data directly from the Clients. In some cases, we also collect personal data about the Client if the company is a customer of Logrise.
We may also collect personal data from our Clients from other sources such as partners, social media platforms or third-party data aggregators.
With whom do we share personal data?
The personal data collected is intended for the sole use of Logrise and may, when authorized by the holder, be used for the following purposes:
- Statistical purposes;
- Promotions and direct marketing actions.
We also share Personal Data when we believe it is necessary to:
- Comply with a judicial order or a competent authority under the terms of the legislation in force, including from law enforcement or other government agencies
- Protect us, our business or our users, for example to enforce our terms of service, prevent spam or other unwanted communications and investigate or protect against fraud
We also share Personal Data with third parties when you give us consent to do so.
How long will we store personal data?
Logrise will only store their Client’s personal data for as long as necessary for the stated purpose, whilst considering all the legal requirements and applicable laws before storing the information. Therefore, Logrise retains Client’s personal data for a reasonable period after their last interaction and once it is no longer required for the above-mentioned purposes, Logrise erases it.
Furthermore, such data may be used for statistical purposes, but in those cases, the data is already anonymous.
Data subject rights:
What are my rights?
The automated process in collecting data by Logrise is in full compliance with Law nº. 67/98 of the 26 of October, regarding personal data protection.
Logrise aims to ensure that all Clients can exercise their rights relating to their personal data, including:
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data. You can also access certain of your Personal Data by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement Personal Data by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If Logrise provides the Client with access to the information held about him/her, we will not charge the Client for this, unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive;
- Nevertheless, if Logrise is legally allowed to do so, it may refuse the Clients request, but must justify why it has decided to refuse it;
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes, such as for direct marketing purposes.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to file a complaint with Data Protection Authorities in regard to the processing by Logrise of Client’s personal data.
GDPR & Client’s Responsibilities:
If legally allowed and according to the use that each Agency makes of the data it receives it needs more features, it must first inform Logrise in order to be accordingly budgeted. Logrise is not responsible for any issues that may arise from the lack of featured related to the GDPR, as such consultancy will have to be provided to the client by legal experts or legal consultants.
To support the delivery of services, Logrise relies on service providers. Any third parties engaged by Logrise that might have access or process data that may contain Personal Data, are considered to be processors. Logrise performs a security and privacy review of the practices of any processors before engaging with them.
Our current processors are:
- Easypay – Payment services
- Freshdesk – Help desk, contact manager
- PayPal – Cloud-based payment services
- PipeDrive – Sales assistant
- Zapier – Integration Manager
- Azure Web services – Cloud service provider
- Mailchimp – Newsletter service
- SendInBlue – Newsletter service
- Mailjet – Transactional emails
- Winmax – Invoicing software
- Inline Manual – Digital training software
- Qwirl – software for quotes
- Facebook ads – Advertising platform.
- Google Adwords – Advertising platform.
Any processor and/or subcontractor used by Logrise is put under scrutiny to assess their security, confidentiality and privacy policies.
What are cookies?
Cookie are small software tags that are stored in the Clients computer through the browser, which allows Logrise to track Clients path through the website. Cookies do not harm Clients computer or any files contained within the computer; it cannot be used to read data off of the hard drive and cannot retrieve information from any other cookies created by other websites. Clients can manage website cookies in the browser preferences and will always have the choice to accept, reject or delete cookies. However, if the Client chooses to change its settings, it may result in a loss of functionality for the browser, not only on Logrise website, but other websites.
What are cookies for?
Cookies help determine the usefulness, the interest and the usage of the client within the website, allowing for a faster and more efficient navigation, eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information.
What kind of cookies do we use?
There are two groups of cookies that can be used:
- Permanent cookies: Cookies that are stored at the browser level in each Client’s access devices (PC, mobile and tablet) and are used whenever the Client visits Logrise website. They are generally used to direct navigation to the user’s interests, allowing Logrise to provide a more personalized service.
- Session cookies: These are temporary cookies that remain in each Client’s browser’s cookie file until they leave the website. The information obtained by these cookies serves to analyze patterns of web traffic, allowing Logrise to identify problems and provide a better browsing experience.
- Strictly needed cookies: Allows Client’s to browse the website and use their applications as well as access secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, the services requested would not be provided.
- Analytical Cookies: Used anonymously for the purpose of creating and analyzing statistics in order to improve the functioning of the website.
- Functional Cookies: Retain user preferences for site usage, to avoid reconfiguring the site each time the Client visits.
- Third Party Cookies: Measure the success of applications and the effectiveness of third-party advertising. They can also be used to customize a widget with user data.
- Advertising Cookies: They customize advertising according to the interests of each user, in order to customize the advertising campaigns taking into account user preferences, and limiting the number of times users see an ad, helping with the measure of advertising effectiveness and the success of the website organization.
How can the Client manage cookies?
All browsers allow the user to accept, reject or delete cookies, in particular, by selecting the appropriate settings in their browser. The Client can set its cookies in the ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of its browser.
Note, however, that by disabling cookies, the Client prevents some web services from working properly, affecting, in part or in full, navigation on the website.
Logrise takes the security of personal information seriously and We use appropriate technologies and procedures to protect personal information:
- Access control: All access to products and services are encrypted and protected by firewall.
- Encryption: all data and communications are under thorough security standards, being transported over an encrypted and secure channel. Data is also encrypted at rest, meaning that data is stored within encrypted databases that follow a high level of access security;
- Non-disclosure agreement and security training: All of Logrise community, including members and employees are bound by NDA and subject to a continuous security of awareness training.
Please use email@example.com for any requests/ queries related to your rights.
Changes to this Privacy Statement:
Under the provisions of article 18 of Law no. 144/2015, in the event of a dispute the consumer may have recourse to an Alternative Resolution Entity for consumer disputes:
CIMAAL – Centro de Informação, Mediação e Arbitragem de Conflitos de Consumo do Algarve (Center for Information, Mediation and Arbitration of Consumer Conflicts in the Algarve). It covers municipalities in the district of Faro. Address: Ninho de Empresas, ANJE Building, Estrada da Penha, 3rd floor, room 26, 8000 Faro;